Click on the image to enter a full PDF format, or read further to find out about application details and requirements.
Markets, Politics, Ethics, and the Law in the United States
The Center for the Study of the United States in Partnership with the Fulbright Program and the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics at Tel Aviv University are delighted to announce two new post-doctoral fellowships for 2019-20 that focus on markets, politics, ethics, and the law in the United States. The grants are offered to candidates who wish to explore the meaning of markets and market economy in American life.
• Grant Amount: $30,000
• Candidates must be U.S. citizens and hold a Ph.D. from a recognized institution in Israel or abroad that has been received after February 15, 2015. Candidates with permanent positions at universities or colleges are not eligible. Preference will be given to those who have not received their degree from TAU.
• Additional travel funds for non-Israeli fellows are available.
• Research Fellows will take part in the activities of both Centers, including Safra’s yearlong research group. While in residence, fellows are expected to dedicate their full time to research. Supplementary funding from other sources may be allowed, pending on a formal request and review by our boards.
Applicants Must Submit:
• Documentation indicating eligibility for a doctorate degree, or certification of the submission date of their dissertation.
• Documentary proof of U.S. citizenship.
• Three letters of recommendation. Preferably, at least one recommender should not belong to the academic institution where the applicant was a doctoral student. These letters should be sent directly by their authors to: email@example.com
• Summary of the doctoral dissertation and a brief description of the research plan (each up to two pages).
• CV, including a list of publications (if applicable).
Deadline for submission of all application materials: Feb. 10, 2019.
• Application materials should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Additional information about The Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics, research fellows and activities can be found at the Center for Ethics website.